Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists
This is very important; along the route we will have a limited amount of Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists. We will have this year Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists in the village also at the finish point for those that finish early. It is important that people that are finishing the full 50 and or attempting the full challenge are giving priority along the route over those that are finished early. Therefore at each stop the Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists will treat the finishers first. You must also understand that all the people that help out as Physiotherapists and Physical Therapists are volunteers. They give their time kindly and please thank them.
Some Self Help Tips:
- If your legs feel tight a simple stretch by putting your leg 90 degrees up against a wall or gate.. Use compression socks.
- Drink plenty of water and remember salts are important because if you are sweating you will lose salts, use a dioralyte etc to replenish salts.
- Also stretch your back and arms. Walking 50 miles your arms will also get heavy and tired. Rotate them ever so often and hold them above your head let and the blood flow.
- Rest if needed but not for too long, 5-10 mins and go again. Resting for too long you will get stiff and will take longer to get going.
- If you get a blister DO NOT POP IT put a compeed blister plaster on it.